Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get my streets paved? How can I get additional lighting in my neighborhood? How do I obtain traffic calming devices (speed tables/bumps) in my community?

You may want to go through an assessment.

Assessments, which are part of the Public Works Department, are programs whereby the residents pay for improvements via their tax bills. These programs include road paving, sewer, street lighting, canal dredging, and reclaimed water. Learn more by going to the Public Works Assessments site.

Are there any free neighborhood websites?

Neighborhood Link allows you to create a free neighborhood website for those of you considering putting your information out on the web.

You may also want to consider joining Nextdoor. Nextdoor is the private social network for your neighborhood. It’s a great way to stay informed about what’s going on in your neighborhood.

How do I report infrastructure issues (roads, sidewalks, etc.)

Report infrastructure issues (roads, sidewalks, etc.) using the My Manatee Mobile app (also available on Android and iOS)

What do I do if I can’t get a problem resolved?

Contact Manatee 311. Each call is logged and tracked through a tracking system.