Enter Online Customer Self-Service

New online Customer Self-Service (CSS) FAQs

What is my new account number? I did not receive a welcome letter.

Welcome letters with new account information were mailed out, but if you didn't receive your welcome letter, you can find your new account number and your activation code on your next bill statement. Alternatively, you can email us at [email protected] for you new information. 

Do I have to register to use online Customer Self-Service (CSS)?

CSS online access requires a new account be created, but registration is quick and easy, using your new account number.

All online account access under the previous CWA system with your old account number was retired effective 2/14/2024.

I'm trying to register, but I'm not receiving my six-digit verification code. What do I do?

Some of our customers have reported that they are not receiving the email with their verification code. Verify that the email is not in your spam/junk folder.

If you still do not receive it, please email us at [email protected].

I received my statement and it says that I am past due. Will my water be shut off? Will I be charged a late fee?

No. We will not be shutting any water services off and late fees will not be assessed during this transitionary period.

Why am I being charged $2.50 for using my debit/credit card?

There was a procedural change made by Manatee County Government last spring and county wide we are no longer absorbing transaction fees for customer credit card payments. If you choose to pay using a credit or debit card, there will be a $2.50 processing fee with a maximum amount of $500 per transaction.

Paying using checking or savings account will remain free of charge for our Utilities customers.

Can I still get a paper bill mailed to me? Can I still mail in a payment by check?

Yes. You can still receive your bill statement via mail at no additional cost.

You can also mail your payment to us with a check to:

Manatee County Utilities Department
PO Box 25350
Bradenton, FL 34206-5350

Why didn't my automatic payment process? Do I have to sign up again?

All automatic payments on our old system were retired effective 2/14/2024.

To set up your automatic payments, you will need to establish a new automatic payment schedule by registering for a new Customer Self-Service (CSS) account.

Please note that automatic payment schedules must be set up five (5) days prior to the next bill due date, or that bill will not be automatically drafted. Your automatic payments would then begin processing with the following bill statement.

Can I still make payments by phone?

Yes. The new automated phone number is 833-425-2099. You will need your new account number to make a payment.

Email us at [email protected] for your new account information.

I sent my last payment using my old account number, will it be applied to my new account?

We are still able to accept payments using your old Manatee County Utilities account number.

How can I get a copy of my bill statement?

You can access your bill statements online by registering for a Customer Self-Service (CSS) account.

If you don't see your bill statement under your CSS account, please email us at [email protected].

For my automatic payment, I set a maximum payment amount, but the amount due on my bill is more than the maximum. What will happen with my automatic payment?

In this case, the amount that will be automatically processed from your account is the maximum payment amount that you set.

For example: If you set your maximum payment amount at $250.00, but the amount due on your bill was $300.00, the automatic payment will process for $250.00 and you will need to make a manual payment for the remaining $50.00.

I’m a property manager, how can I have multiple accounts under one login?

Once you sign up with one of your accounts in Customer Self-Service (CSS), if your accounts are all under the same Customer Name (called an Account Party), those accounts will automatically associate with that CSS login.

If you have multiple Account Parties that you use to maintain your accounts, please email us at [email protected] and we can help set you up.

Who do I call if I am still experiencing issues?

The Utilities Customer Service Call Center is experiencing high call volumes. For the quickest response, email us at [email protected]. Please include your account number and/or service address in your request.

Our customer service call center is currently experiencing very long call times and you will receive prompter assistance with your CSS account via email.

SOlid Waste faqs


Not sure how to properly dispose of something?

Unincorporated Manatee County has a solid waste & recycling material look-up tool “Waste Wizard”. You can also sign up to receive, Household Hazardous & Electronic Scrap collection reminders through methods of email, phone call or text message. For more information, please visit www.mymanatee.org/wastewizard



Manatee County offers FREE Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) service to Manatee County residents only. HHW is unwanted household products labeled as flammable, toxic, corrosive, dangerous, warning, or caution. You may take your HHW to the Lena Road Landfill, on Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and every third Saturday of each month from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please do not dispose of any of the above with your regular trash. The hauler will not pick them up.


Third Saturday of every month from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. at the Lena Road Landfill, 3333 Lena Road, Bradenton (3rd traffic light east of I-75 off State Road 64).

  • January 20, 2024

  • January 27, 2024 – Island Collection/Coquina Beach 9 a.m.–3 p.m.

  • February 17, 2024

  • March 16, 2024

  • April 6, 2024 - 4410 66th Street W. Bradenton

  • April 20, 2024

  • May 18, 2024

  • June 15, 2024

  • July 20, 2024

  • August 17, 2024

  • September 21, 2024

  • October 5, 2024 - 4410 66th Street W. Bradenton

  • October 19, 2024

  • November 16, 2024

  • December 21, 2024


Look up your collection days with our Resident Information Tool or use the Interactive Map.

Yard waste is collected on Wednesdays for unincorporated Manatee County residents.


When a holiday falls on a scheduled pickup day, garbage, recycling, and yard waste will be collected one day later than your scheduled pickup day for the rest of that week. Regular collection days resume the following Monday.


  • New Year’s Day – Monday, January 1

  • Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. – Monday, January 15

  • Presidents’ Day – Monday, February 19

  • Memorial Day – Monday, May 27

  • 4th of July – Thursday, July 4

  • Labor Day – Monday, September 2

  • Thanksgiving Day – Thursday, November 28

  • Christmas Day – Wednesday, December 25





Recycling drop-off locations are for Manatee County residential use only.

If your condo complex, RV park or other multi-family residence does not offer recycling service, or if your recyclables are too large for your recycle cart, you may drop recyclable items off at the following locations:

RECYCLING SITES (Click on location for a map):

These locations are for recycling materials only. All items must be placed inside the container. All cardboard must be clean, broken down or flattened to be recycled.


Location and Hours of Operation

The Manatee County's landfill is located south of State Road 64, 1 mile east of I-75 at:

3333 Lena Road
Bradenton, FL 34211

No access from State Road 70

(941) 748-5543

Hours of operation: Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m

The landfill is closed the following holidays: New Year's Day, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.



New water/wastewater rates effective June 1, 2024

New water and wastewater rates go into effect on all bills rendered on or after June 1, 2024. Visit our rates page for further details.


The Utilities Lobby is closed to the public. A walk-up Drop Box is located on the north side of the Administration building. Payments may also be made by any of the methods on the BILL PAYMENT OPTIONS page. All other business may be conducted over the phone, including opening new service. Call (941) 792-8811.


Not sure how to properly dispose of something? Unincorporated Manatee County has launched a new solid waste & recycling material look-up tool “Waste Wizard”. You can also sign up to receive, Household Hazardous & Electronic Scrap collection reminders through methods of email, phone call or text message. For more information please visit www.mymanatee.org/wastewizard

How can we help you?

Contact Utilities at (941) 792-8811 and use the following extensions from 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. for your specific issue:

  • Water Line Breaks: Ext 5268 
  • Cross Connection Control Questions: Ext 5267 or 5283  
  • Landfill Questions: Ext 8001
  • Sewer Issues: Ext 5411
  • Water Color/Odor: Ext 5025
  • Meters: Ext 5332

After normal business hours, report emergencies through the (941) 792-8811 number by choosing option 8. 

Transferring of Non-County Utility Systems: Ext 5278

  • There is a process for the transfer of non-County water, wastewater, and reclaimed systems that includes several steps. Please review the procedure available online.


Sign up for the Manatee County Emergency Notification System to receive notifications from government and public safety officials.

You'll receive Alert Manatee messages for emergency updates such as boil water advisories, evacuation notices, and weather warnings. You can opt to receive notifications by phone call, text or email.

Sign Up Now